Formed in 1999, Liquidated Damages is a group of musicians from Leopardo and its business partners. The band was organized primarily to play fundraisers and help make a difference in the community. Liquidated Damages has raised more than $3 million for charities including Hephzibah Children’s Association, City of Hope, The Super Jake Foundation, The John Buck Company Foundation, Federation of Women Contractors, Beacon Therapeutic Diagnostic and Treatment Center, UPS for Downs (United Parent Support for Down Syndrome), Homes for Heroes, Alzheimer’s Association, Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run, Little Kids Rock, and many more.
In more than 15 years of performing at the REACH Social at the Chicago House of Blues, they’ve raised over $1 million for the City of Hope to aid in pediatric cancer research. The City of Hope REACH Committee, which is chaired by Leopardo Senior Vice President Rick DuPraw, has raised a total of $4 million since its founding in 1996. Rick is also the drummer (and occasional vocalist) for Liquidated Damages. In the past, Liquidated Damages’ performances have featured special guests like Cheap Trick’s Rick Nielsen and Jim Peterik, guitarist and co-founder of Survivor.
Current Liquidated Damages Lineup:
- Pierre Cowart Leopardo Companies – Bass
- Dan Czyz Marcus & Millichap – Guitar
- Rick DuPraw Leopardo Companies – Drums
- Mark Fenton Leopardo Companies – Vocals
- Jimmy Gallagher Grand Kahn Electric – Drums and Auxillary Percussion
- Mike Gallagher Grand Kahn Electric – Keyboards, Guitar, Vocals
- Tom Gallagher Grand Kahn Electric – Bass
- Alex Manske Admiral Heating and Ventilating – Guitar
- Mike Moravek The John Buck Company – Saxophone
- Lance Romance Friend of Leopardo – Sousaphone, Keyboards
- Liz Ward Leopardo Companies – Vocals