Chicago, Illinois (Southport)
This flagship two-story Jewel-Osco triples the size of the previous location, which was demolished to make room for this new super store. The interior features an entry atrium, three-person elevator and a wine cellar on the second floor.
- 83,563-SF building on 1.24 acres with zero lot line construction
- 124-space underground parking garage with priority spacing for hybrid vehicles
- Only second Jewel-Osco store in country to seek LEED Silver certification
- Prevegetated modular green roofing system was installed to reduce the urban heat island effect, reduce noise, conserve water and reduce storm water runoff
- A great deal of coordination and planning was required to complete the project on time and not disturb the neighborhood that surrounds