Six North Michigan
Built in 1898, 27 years after the Chicago Fire, Six North Michigan was the original Montgomery Ward headquarters and remains a historical icon of Chicago’s early “skyscraper age” as it was Chicago’s tallest building for 20 years. Serving as general contractor, Leopardo helped reposition the building into private residences that now sit in the historical Michigan Avenue district, which is considered the only landmark residential development of its kind on Michigan Avenue.
- Condominium conversion of 129 condo units in a 21-story building
- This is a full-amenity building featuring door staff, a community terrace on the 21st floor and a fitness center with steam and sauna
- Innovative floor plans, high ceilings, high-end finishes including granite and quartz countertops and Scavolini Italian cabinetry
- Facilitated all exterior renovations
- First floor retail space that includes a Panera Bread restaurant and Starbucks
- Received 2011 Good Neighbor Award that recognizes quality construction and craftsmanship