Leopardo’s services were retained by Covenant Retirement Communities following schematic design. Our preconstruction role was predominately focused on the areas of value engineering, construction phase planning, scheduling and subcontractor bidding.
- Over $1,000,000 in potential value engineering savings were identified – a substantial portion of these savings ideas were incorporated into the final construction documents
- Project consisted of both new construction and remodeling, causing phasing to be an extremely important issue
- A phasing plan was developed that allowed the briefest construction duration within an occupied facility
- Ultimately, our highest priority was to minimize disruption to the resident community
- Retailored a project stalled with design and budget obstacles into a successfully completed project